Monday, May 4, 2009

Make this Coffee Cake!

A few weeks ago, I came across <a href="http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/02/big-crumb-coffee-cake/">this recipe</a> for big crumb coffee cake with rhubarb. Now, I'd never had rhubarb before, but it still looked like a pretty awesome recipe. Then, last week, I ran into some rhubarb in Giant, and knew what had to happen. And let me tell you, the ensuing cake-ness was magical. In the comments section of the original recipe, people were complaining about the crumb topping being too floury, so I decreased the flour in the topping to a little over 1.25 cups. I think I'd actually use a little more than this, though, because the topping ended up being slightly too oily for my taste (so much butter!). The boyfriend had no complaints, though. Also, I didn't have any cornstarch and didn't feel like going out and buying some just to use the 2tsp that the filling requires, so I substituted it for 4tsp of all-purpose flour and it worked excellently.

My camera is currently broken (it had an unfortunate meeting with a tile floor), so there aren't going to be any recipe pictures up here for a while. Sorry, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment