Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Epic dragon birthday cake

This past weekend, I made this cake for the boyfriend's birthday:

That's right, a fire breathing dragon cake. No mold was used, just a pattern I got from Instructables. The cake was a chocolate Guinness cake with Irish cream cream cheese frosting. A carbomb cake! The cake recipe was from here, and the frosting was essentially made by mixing cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Irish cream until it tasted good. The cake recipe I used turned out to be great for this kind of thing, as it was dense enough to hold its own when being sliced and stacked and whatnot. I think if/when I make this cake again, though, I'm going to try it with a lighter frosting, because the cream cheese combined with the denseness of the cake was just a little too heavy. I think a buttercream would work well.

I also discovered an awesome low-fat (supposedly) super easy tiramisu recipe. I definitely highly recommend it. The whole thing only took me a few minutes to put together, and it tastes delicious! It ended up getting eaten before I got a chance to take pictures, but it's not that exciting looking anyway. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment